"The play-concept as such is of a higher order than seriousness. For seriousness seeks to exclude play, whereas play can very well include seriousness." — Johan Huizinga, Homo Ludens
"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." — Oscar Wilde
will infallibly produce
Narrative, Photography and Music by Mark Phillips:
- Art of vignette & x-pari-mental narrative, collected in a daily workbook.
- Short bits and poems, widely published.
- Abstract and travel photography emphasizing color and texture.
- Travel blog and photo soup.
- Music: songwriting and recording.
- A major work, TriadCity, cited by The Cambridge Companion to Postmodernism as its culminating example of Postmodernist literature.
The Gray Man Dances (1949).