Jacob Lawrence, The Struggle of the American People No 15.
We, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice,
insure domestic tranquility... -- 17 September, 1787 (1955)
Workbook: September, 2002
- September 30, 2002: she burned me once with a lit cigarette
- September 29, 2002: Young woman's voice, singing softly at the piano.
- September 28, 2002: Tall boy, sleepless, walks at dawn into a donut store on Haight Street.
- September 27, 2002: Why's she unable to say my name?
- September 26, 2002: I saw him on the bus one morning with a teenage girl in braces.
- September 25, 2002: I asked her friend once, "How can you watch her poison herself and not intervene?"
- September 24, 2002: I saw a crippled man struggle with his aluminum arm-crutches.
- September 23, 2002: Pretty girl in the farmers' market.
- September 22, 2002: Directed dream. Waco Street, San Diego.
- September 21, 2002: From the lagoon to the inland jungle to the deep volcanic caves, the entire island lay in silence.
- September 20, 2002: Isn't she a closet dom?
- September 19, 2002: I have no inner sense of the passage of time.
- September 18, 2002: I dreamt that her cat came to me with an urgent mission.
- September 17, 2002: The association of stardom with anorexia began early...
- September 16, 2002: We made love once in the kitchen of her parents' house.
- September 15, 2002: Take the damn picture already.
- September 14, 2002: Illuminations.
- September 13, 2002: What is intuition?
- September 12, 2002: Blogging is Internet folk art.
- September 11, 2002: "Things would be different if I were king..."
- September 10, 2002: I saw her, I think, inside a Mexican restaurant I knew she would love.
- September 9, 2002: Max Brod seems to have been a super nice guy, but you have the sense he wasn't the brightest bulb in Prague.
- September 8, 2002: So Life, my friend: is the irony really necessary under all circumstances?
- September 7, 2002: Why are Merry and Pippin there?
- September 6, 2002: There was a night when she glowed in the dark.
- September 5, 2002: "Why do they call it the 'Golden Gate Bridge' if it's painted orange?"
- September 4, 2002: Sketch: John.
- September 3, 2002: Parting gifts. We gave each other earrings...
- September 2, 2002: As a child her father would lock her in the closet, often for hours.
- September 1, 2002: His thinking is shallow and eclectic...
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.