Jacob Lawrence, The Life of John Brown No. 22.
John Brown was found 'Guilty of treason and murder in the 1st degree' and was hanged in Charles
Town, Virginia on December 2, 1859. (1941)
Workbook: December, 2002
- December 31, 2002: The conference attendees are nearly all fat.
- December 30, 2002: Mary Ann respected work.
- December 29, 2002: Phrases from women's online personal ads:
- December 28, 2002: How do peoples' identities form?
- December 27, 2002: Ugly black smoke rose spiraling into the sky.
- December 26, 2002: San Francisco, Financial District, early evening.
- December 25, 2002: The north side of Redlands is a suburb of identical one-story tract houses, side by side, where orange groves once were.
- December 24, 2002: Cap the Knife entered the doorway of his private hut, blocking Mary Ann's escape.
- December 23, 2002: Missing you, missing you, missing you, missing you.
- December 22, 2002: Her hand was in my pants the whole drive south.
- December 21, 2002: Gilligan was confused by an assignment he'd been given by Turd Blossom.
- December 20, 2002: Tall man steps from an ancient blue Volkswagen bus with no bumpers and rust holes in the roof.
- December 19, 2002: Sketch: Hill.
- December 18, 2002: One day Mary Ann cleaned the hut she formerly shared with Ginger.
- December 17, 2002: Free clinic.
- December 16, 2002: Medieval darkness.
- December 15, 2002: One morning as Gilligan walked toward the lagoon he found himself confronted by a barbwire fence, and a sign.
- December 14, 2002: She understands the situation via these three axioms:
- December 13, 2002: Middle-aged lanky man all-fours on the floor.
- December 12, 2002: Superficiality is for her an act of deliberation, an intellectual and ethical commitment.
- December 11, 2002: Gilligan's first priority was expansion of the cave shelter.
- December 10, 2002: Suburban street of one-story tract homes. Thrum of rain on concrete.
- December 9, 2002: The tops of tall palms swayed against late-night stars.
- December 8, 2002: "What kinds of presents does your mother like?"
- December 7, 2002: Brown sand beach, Pacifica, late November.
- December 6, 2002: People say, "Get over it!," and you reply, "OK. How?"
- December 5, 2002: On a patch of grass outside the Greyhound Station, Redlands, CA, sometime in 1980.
- December 4, 2002: Sketch: Bob.
- December 3, 2002: Analysis: the usual near-left martyr.
- December 2, 2002: The clearing was lit by a ring of flickering tiki-torches on tall poles.
- December 1, 2002: Chicago, November 1990.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.