Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture No. 26.
On March 24, he captured Mirebalois. (1938)
Workbook: March, 2003
- March 31, 2003: Early one morning on the way to work she caught him slowing down to gawk the skyscraper-sized billboard of himself towering over the road.
- March 30, 2003: The moment when I told her I like her friend.
- March 29, 2003: She carried her keys around all day...
- March 28, 2003: She was famous before anyone met her.
- March 27, 2003: Carlos Museum of antiquities at Emory University.
- March 26, 2003: Green hills, pale blue sky, white highway, red dusklight lighting contrails like blood, or fire.
- March 25, 2003: They let her go at the end of a working day...
- March 24, 2003: You miss her most when doing something new for the first time.
- March 23, 2003: I went through my closets, throwing away the clothes she'd given me.
- March 22, 2003: We knew it had gone bad when they separated us from the cameras.
- March 21, 2003: We were in a smoke-filled pub when the most recent war started.
- March 20, 2003: "I'm gonna shoo-tchoo, motherfuck!"
- March 19, 2003: Crowded streetcorner, New York City, Fall.
- March 18, 2003: Sidewalk, New York City, Fall.
- March 17, 2003: "Say no to drugs," commands the red plastic inserts in the urinals at work.
- March 16, 2003: Frat boys, short hair, LSU t-shirts. Jock types.
- March 15, 2003: She wants to stand front row center...
- March 14, 2003: Room 322, Westin Hotel, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- March 13, 2003: Cigarette ashes inside her car, thick like gray-white slush...
- March 12, 2003: Very young children, daycare, early 1960s.
- March 11, 2003: Went looking for a dark room to have sex in.
- March 10, 2003: Rating: 1 by Anonymous...
- March 9, 2003: Twenty-two hours from Phoenix to Austin.
- March 8, 2003: At her birthday party her friends stole three of my Beatles picture singles...
- March 7, 2003: And the hurts of the children in the movie...
- March 6, 2003: There's nowhere to play between Phoenix and Austin.
- March 5, 2003: I called her when the cruise missiles began striking targets in downtown Baghdad.
- March 4, 2003: The most mysterious thing in the world...
- March 3, 2003: "If you knew somebody who..."
- March 2, 2003: Solid oak office door, locked.
- March 1, 2003: Homeless.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.