Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture No. 39.
The death of Toussaint L'Ouverture in the Prison of Le Joux, April 1803. This was a year later. He died of
starvation, because "he didn't feel like eating." (1938)
Workbook: April, 2003
- April 30, 2003: We're here to liberate your cube.
- April 29, 2003: St. Peter's...
- April 28, 2003: The gossip girls imply: life is for workbreaks.
- April 27, 2003: The great thing is, if the earth moves...
- April 26, 2003: As a child my neighbor was a Navy pilot who bombed North Vietnam.
- April 25, 2003: I asked her, "Why did you move to San Francisco?"
- April 24, 2003: Her equation of roommates with infantilism.
- April 23, 2003: Cat, young and friendly, gray, patient with your childish clumsiness.
- April 22, 2003: She collects words that begin with "P".
- April 21, 2003: "But if you go carryin' pictures of Chairman Mao..."
- April 20, 2003: Her life so centers on television...
- April 19, 2003: When depressed:
- April 18, 2003: Of course, there's more than one flavor of lie.
- April 17, 2003: Her mother caught us dressing at 3am one morning after making love, stealthily, beneath the dining room table.
- April 16, 2003: In 1963 my grandfather gave me a 41-year-old Peace silver dollar in mint condition.
- April 15, 2003: Radio station on the morning commute, advertising a national call-in sweepstakes.
- April 14, 2003: Your lover's jewelry...
- April 13, 2003: He walks with raised elbows, as if they were resting on fence posts to either side.
- April 12, 2003: I miss my friends from before she came into my life.
- April 11, 2003: Bush administration officials have repeated for months that "Iraq's oil belongs to the people of Iraq."
- April 10, 2003: Her reluctance to be alone with me.
- April 9, 2003: She calls me her "almost perfect type."
- April 8, 2003: Her first protest rally.
- April 7, 2003: CubicleLand.
- April 6, 2003: And of course it's night, and all you can think of is her.
- April 5, 2003: The trauma she experienced when her father lost his job.
- April 4, 2003: A very famous pop star booked our Studio A for a year, recording his next mega-smash.
- April 3, 2003: She'd fuck people she didn't like, for instance at the US Festival, because they pursued her and she wanted to be rid of them.
- April 2, 2003: Her dismissal of role-playing environments.
- April 1, 2003: Advice on a new bike.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.