Jacob Lawrence, When it is Warm the Parks Are Filled with People (1943)
Workbook: July, 2003
- July 31, 2003: To the sound of voluptuous music Vicki, that is, Ginger, entered New Camp X-Ray with swaying hips.
- July 30, 2003: "Senator Taft and Senator Hartley can both kiss my farmgirl ass," replied Mary Ann, succinctly.
- July 29, 2003: Ordinarily, the President would have addressed a Joint Session of Congress, televised in Prime Time.
- July 28, 2003: To lead the independent commission of inquiry, one of the nation's most notorious liars was brought out of retirement.
- July 27, 2003: Little by little, things fell apart.
- July 26, 2003: "You guys are lightweights."
- July 25, 2003: When I arrived for my interview she was steaming postage stamps from the envelopes in which reservation checks had arrived.
- July 24, 2003: Her laugh is like The Penguin on the old Batman TV show.
- July 23, 2003: When I was little our home faced a Protestant church.
- July 22, 2003: It's often the case with me that I fail to understand events until long after they occur.
- July 21, 2003: Young German couple, cassette tapes in hand.
- July 20, 2003: Short-haired blonde man emerges from the shower inside a shared motel room.
- July 19, 2003: Eventually you measure your victories in days.
- July 18, 2003: Beautiful poseur with pretty breasts.
- July 17, 2003: Dostoevsky believed, with the Romantics, that wisdom is the fruit of suffering.
- July 16, 2003: Lovely young woman, chestnut hair, blue blue eyes, upturned gray collar embroidered with patterns like the veins of leaves.
- July 15, 2003: What struck me most was their confidence.
- July 14, 2003: "You can do anything you want," she said, in her worldly wisdom.
- July 13, 2003: Local television station newsroom, San Diego.
- July 12, 2003: Nighttime. Park on any hill facing south.
- July 11, 2003: 1968 Chevy Nova, yellow, parked in a lot facing water. Night.
- July 10, 2003: We had a COO who made frequent sales trips to potential partner companies.
- July 9, 2003: The adult who will not see, contemptuous of the younger adult's ability to gauge reality reasonably.
- July 8, 2003: Because she's the person I've loved most in this life.
- July 7, 2003: Who are you now?
- July 6, 2003: She wants to play guitar in a little band, maybe one day be as good as the little DBs.
- July 5, 2003: Why not fight it again?
- July 4, 2003: Fall.
- July 3, 2003: I'm not going to say I'm what I am because of you...
- July 2, 2003: And Gilgamesh wept bitter tears, saying...
- July 1, 2003: What culture do they comment on?
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.