Jacob Lawrence, The Life of John Brown No 19.
Sunday, October 16, 1859, John Brown with a company of 21 men, white and black, marched
on Harper's Ferry. (1941)
Workbook: October, 2005
- October 31, 2005: The wealthy tourist's story about the natives...
- October 30, 2005: The resorts are rigid.
- October 29, 2005: You also are screened from the opportunity to rely on yourself.
- October 28, 2005: Scrawny little thing, she looks so skinny.
- October 27, 2005: The dazed and sleepy-looking people at the bar, mysteriously bovine.
- October 26, 2005: Paunchy, grey-headed old fart, seated, drinking, ugly.
- October 25, 2005: I closed my eyes and walked the length of the pier imagining what it would be like to be blind.
- October 24, 2005: When you participate in a package tour or stay in a resort, there are trade-offs.
- October 23, 2005: Horse-faced French blonde on honeymoon does nothing but talk.
- October 22, 2005: Sea birds have voices...
- October 21, 2005: You're in charge of an ICBM missile facility which has been placed on high alert status.
- October 20, 2005: Your high school has forwarded a package, a very old package...
- October 19, 2005: Rose, lovely and helpful, stands friendly behind the reception desk.
- October 18, 2005: "Australe?"
- October 17, 2005: Young people on motor scooters, wearing helmets...
- October 16, 2005: Yeah, the arrogance.
- October 15, 2005: Each room is like its own lifetime.
- October 14, 2005: Le Docteur Francais who doesn't speak English...
- October 13, 2005: The friendliness of just one person makes so much difference.
- October 12, 2005: Cokes with real sugar.
- October 11, 2005: Young woman in tears.
- October 10, 2005: Gauguin's women are everywhere on the streets.
- October 9, 2005: Pain. Loneliness. Struggle.
- October 8, 2005: Hawaiian-style pedal steel drifts from a bar on Boulevard Pomare.
- October 7, 2005: Pretty girl, white sun dress, white hat.
- October 6, 2005: Papeete:
- October 5, 2005: Musty, moldy smell: a new place.
- October 4, 2005: Playing her familiar role as Antagonist...
- October 3, 2005: Your 12-string acoustic guitar is making no sound as you pluck the strings.
- October 2, 2005: Your friends' band is playing without their usual singer.
- October 1, 2005: Honeymooners, retired couples.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.