Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture No. 39.
The death of Toussaint L'Ouverture in the Prison of Le Joux, April 1803. This was a year later. He died of
starvation, because "he didn't feel like eating." (1938)
Workbook: April, 2006
- April 30, 2006: In the pictures he looks proud.
- April 29, 2006: In the pictures he looks happy.
- April 28, 2006: Those book cases will not fit the new library.
- April 27, 2006: "I am constant as the Northern Star."
- April 26, 2006: The contempt, on those message boards.
- April 25, 2006: You had to fight her for that accomplishment.
- April 24, 2006: "Best band in town," she said, proudly...
- April 23, 2006: She cleaned the mold from your camera bag by keeping it with her in the sun day after day.
- April 22, 2006: "Fine," he said, with an impolite sneer.
- April 21, 2006: Stare down the new neighbor, the rudest one of the lot, the one who moved in overhead.
- April 20, 2006: How do you tell someone you love...
- April 19, 2006: Ancient Chevy beneath palms...
- April 18, 2006: Elation.
- April 17, 2006: She bought me Milanos.
- April 16, 2006: "Then, don't say 'nationalization'."
- April 15, 2006: "There's not going to be a war"
- April 14, 2006: She won't rest...
- April 13, 2006: The secret lies partly in class.
- April 12, 2006: Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away a boy in middle school loves his art class.
- April 11, 2006: Profoundly different from the other kids.
- April 10, 2006: The ceiling against your nose.
- April 9, 2006: Tattoos, each the symbolic name of an island:
- April 8, 2006: The dirt in my soles.
- April 7, 2006: It's been such a long time since you last met someone interesting.
- April 6, 2006: Woman in the grocery store, crowding hard to the right...
- April 5, 2006: "So-and-so was a good leader. She slept with the wrong colleague and that made her crazy."
- April 4, 2006: To be Japanese, in this place, of all places.
- April 3, 2006: My colleague believes that I don't take adulthood seriously enough.
- April 2, 2006: Verbal politics.
- April 1, 2006: I do wish that she loved me.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.