Jacob Lawrence, The Life of John Brown No 19.
Sunday, October 16, 1859, John Brown with a company of 21 men, white and black, marched
on Harper's Ferry. (1941)
Workbook: October, 2006
- October 31, 2006: How is it possible to miss someone you've only spoken with twice?
- October 30, 2006: Every room a bathroom.
- October 29, 2006: Water is filling the ground-floor rooms.
- October 28, 2006: "I don't know how long you've worked here," she tells the owner.
- October 27, 2006: It's not fair to blame her for not seeking help.
- October 26, 2006: You choose a lonely path, artist.
- October 25, 2006: Many of your friends are now grandparents.
- October 24, 2006: "You do a good job..."
- October 23, 2006: I understand now, I think, what he was looking for.
- October 22, 2006: "One has oneself in the beginning..."
- October 21, 2006: Voices.
- October 20, 2006: Nothing you say can be believed, or trusted, or taken at face value.
- October 19, 2006: You're teaching your comrades the difference between strategy and tactics.
- October 18, 2006: My nightmare is to become injured or ill...
- October 17, 2006: Who is there to talk with you about these problems?
- October 16, 2006: At the diner she watches with astonishment...
- October 15, 2006: At the lookout point there's a laundry facility: one washer and one dryer.
- October 14, 2006: I have no resentment of the first.
- October 13, 2006: There are so many offices that a shuttle is provided.
- October 12, 2006: The saying goes, It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- October 11, 2006: Sees a woman walking a dog.
- October 10, 2006: Of that whole litany of mistakes I suppose there's one that stands out.
- October 9, 2006: I guess she's my best friend now.
- October 8, 2006: Unexpectedly I saw the name of the first man she slept with, after me.
- October 7, 2006: You know what's an odd thing?
- October 6, 2006: The birds are enraged.
- October 5, 2006: She warned me not to tell him, and, she was right.
- October 4, 2006: Iron filings.
- October 3, 2006: When the truth, I think, lies closer to these:
- October 2, 2006: The dogs cry.
- October 1, 2006: False, self-serving excuses:
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.