Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture
No. 38. Napoleon's attempt to restore slavery in Haiti was unsuccessful, Dessalines, Chief of the
Blacks, defeated LeClerc. Black men, women, and children took up arms to preserve their freedom,
November 1802. (1938)
Workbook: November, 2006
- November 30, 2006: World's greatest worrier.
- November 29, 2006: I'm easy to manipulate.
- November 28, 2006: She surrendered to her personal demons so long ago...
- November 27, 2006: What is God's message to you?
- November 26, 2006: I know you talk to God. Do you know how to hear his voice when he replies?
- November 25, 2006: I would like to find a way to help you which doesn't patronize.
- November 24, 2006: In the car, in the night...
- November 23, 2006: I don't know why the two of them never got together independently of me.
- November 22, 2006: "How come we've never had a threesome with" our mutual best friend?
- November 21, 2006: Duty free gauntlet.
- November 20, 2006: Tiles on the firestorm wall.
- November 19, 2006: An artform, or a sport.
- November 18, 2006: Romanticization of mental illness.
- November 17, 2006: Hello old friend.
- November 16, 2006: Brittleness.
- November 15, 2006: Cat's whiskers, on fire, burning red, like embers.
- November 14, 2006: Already thinking in the old, failed terms.
- November 13, 2006: They've changed the furniture where you're staying.
- November 12, 2006: Guests are checking in.
- November 11, 2006: Meeting you...
- November 10, 2006: Cheap wine in the window.
- November 9, 2006: Smell of the camera against your nose: steel and machine oil.
- November 8, 2006: You become used to that sinking feeling...
- November 7, 2006: Where is she?
- November 6, 2006: Items in the Weapons Room look more like confiscated pornography.
- November 5, 2006: Jesus' disciples were his biggest mistake.
- November 4, 2006: Her sister looked, dressed like and wanted to be the cartoon girl on the LP cover.
- November 3, 2006: You don't want to be in that man's car.
- November 2, 2006: Her brother, the lawyer, took a less accepting view.
- November 1, 2006: Litter of LP covers.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.