Jacob Lawrence, Struggle...From the History of the American
People No. 19. Thousands of American citizens have been torn from their country and from everything dear to
them: they have been dragged on board ships of war of a foreign nation. --Madison, 1 June 1812 (1956)
Workbook: June, 2009
- June 30, 2009: It's like walking under water.
- June 29, 2009: Booted.
- June 28, 2009: She thinks it's possible for a country to "go Marxist".
- June 27, 2009: I felt so much better after he left.
- June 26, 2009: Afraid of each other.
- June 25, 2009: Fortune cookie: "Whatever you do, make it fun."
- June 24, 2009: When proponents of so-called Intelligent Design argue that the world is so marvelously adapted to human beings, their logic is upside down.
- June 23, 2009: When proponents of so-called Intelligent Design argue that complexity indicates design, their logic is upside down.
- June 22, 2009: From the point of view of the individual socialist who wants to 'do something', we would summarize our suggestion as follows:
- June 21, 2009: "Debate" over global warming as displaced discussion of Capitalism.
- June 20, 2009: Chair, cigarettes, television, cat.
- June 19, 2009: Jigsaw puzzles.
- June 18, 2009: Working group of junior technologists.
- June 17, 2009: Junior technologist, uncomfortable with the "junior" designation.
- June 16, 2009: Mafia culture.
- June 15, 2009: The most feeble vision of job security.
- June 14, 2009: Patronage culture.
- June 13, 2009: The Bolsheviks failed to smash the state. Instead, they fused with it.
- June 12, 2009: The Third International mythologized the history and practice of the Bolshevik group.
- June 11, 2009: Draper and Althusser.
- June 10, 2009: Lenin's strategy driving the creation of Third International parties went more or less like this.
- June 9, 2009: Exodus.
- June 8, 2009: The techies are sad.
- June 7, 2009: But note the teleology implied by the definition of vanguard.
- June 6, 2009: While time is the central category in Marx's thought, unevenness is the core of Lenin's.
- June 5, 2009: Althusser makes possible for the first time a non-subjective history of ideas.
- June 4, 2009: Karl Marx is the great philosopher of Time and Freedom.
- June 3, 2009: Mr. Counselor.
- June 2, 2009: Feet on the desk.
- June 1, 2009: You were a long, cool glass of water.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.