Jacob Lawrence, The Life of John Brown No. 22.
John Brown was found 'Guilty of treason and murder in the 1st degree' and was hanged in Charles
Town, Virginia on December 2, 1859. (1941)
Workbook: December, 2009
- December 31, 2009: It's really your ex you love.
- December 30, 2009: The landlady shows signs of addiction.
- December 29, 2009: Mushroom cloud rising on the left, ugly charcoal gray, climbing.
- December 28, 2009: I could not tell my daughter that her father would not fight for me.
- December 27, 2009: Nearly eighty years and you can still hear the pain in the words she writes.
- December 26, 2009: The veteran consultant loves his one little joke.
- December 25, 2009: The light is beautiful in your new house.
- December 24, 2009: Cityfull of Santas.
- December 23, 2009: COO...
- December 22, 2009: People you dislike have been let go.
- December 21, 2009: Your new house is sunny, labyrinthine, and crowded with friends.
- December 20, 2009: Set up to fail.
- December 19, 2009: It's like school was: watching clock hands, calculating time till end.
- December 18, 2009: Rainy night, first night in a new house.
- December 17, 2009: Lack of focus.
- December 16, 2009: As the cat came to bed she would ask...
- December 15, 2009: "The bigger the car, the smaller the penis..."
- December 14, 2009: Much of my childhood sleep disorder was from hunger.
- December 13, 2009: Gray haired woman on the sidewalk...
- December 12, 2009: Dark hair has grown on the back of your neck...
- December 11, 2009: Massive SUV...
- December 10, 2009: You've fallen asleep at your computer, you must have been that tired.
- December 9, 2009: Loud music from the office while you use the restroom.
- December 8, 2009: House!
- December 7, 2009: Expensive blonde in an expensive SUV...
- December 6, 2009: You tell the kid you like his song.
- December 5, 2009: New buildings in the park.
- December 4, 2009: Led Zeppelin at the Berkeley Circus.
- December 3, 2009: A boisterous party crowds your old, winding, voluminous house.
- December 2, 2009: Your ex from years past asks to reunite.
- December 1, 2009: From the corner of one eye there's a fat old guy in the mirror...
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.