Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture No. 39.
The death of Toussaint L'Ouverture in the Prison of Le Joux, April 1803. This was a year later. He died of
starvation, because "he didn't feel like eating." (1938)
Workbook: April, 2010
- April 30, 2010: The charming but also unsettling notion that Kafka ever went to bars...
- April 29, 2010: Vague unease, that our parting was unpleasant for her...
- April 28, 2010: "The cat, sleeping."
- April 27, 2010: Sylvia, the tender foundling.
- April 26, 2010: What did she mean, exactly...
- April 25, 2010: Kafka's early letters.
- April 24, 2010: She put me down once.
- April 23, 2010: I don't recognize her.
- April 22, 2010: Frequently, the ugly aura of intrigue.
- April 21, 2010: I became myself when I rejected my first love.
- April 20, 2010: She wanted to drink in bars, smoke cigarettes, strike beautiful poses.
- April 19, 2010: Christmas Eve at the Hotel Nefeli...
- April 18, 2010: Epic night drinking...
- April 17, 2010: It takes a long time to come to understand.
- April 16, 2010: "Institutional knowledge" is neither institutional nor knowledge until it's documented and reproducible.
- April 15, 2010: You all rendezvous in Athens: your mother, your son, and yourself.
- April 14, 2010: He's curious about the deep lines on the satellite map.
- April 13, 2010: Lost on the subway.
- April 12, 2010: The driver's experienced and responsible.
- April 11, 2010: Title inflation.
- April 10, 2010: The Database "Director" can't find a job.
- April 9, 2010: The genius of it is to play on their narcissism.
- April 8, 2010: By encouraging long hours she's asking employees to volunteer for superexploitation.
- April 7, 2010: She was my friend, she brought me here, it's all awkward.
- April 6, 2010: Can't suss good people from bad.
- April 5, 2010: I'll tell you about my first meeting there.
- April 4, 2010: The VP values long hours above all.
- April 3, 2010: The cultists plan a reunion.
- April 2, 2010: Contempt for teamwork.
- April 1, 2010: Senior management have no idea how the company's products work.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.