Jacob Lawrence, Struggle...From the History of the American
People No. 19. Thousands of American citizens have been torn from their country and from everything dear to
them: they have been dragged on board ships of war of a foreign nation. --Madison, 1 June 1812 (1956)
Workbook: June, 2010
- June 30, 2010: Through weeks of distance and drift I had no idea she was cheating.
- June 29, 2010: Tension between left and right.
- June 28, 2010: They were so volatile.
- June 27, 2010: Cold night, stars, sleeping bags on the roof.
- June 26, 2010: Flaming orange hair...
- June 25, 2010: There's misunderstanding too...
- June 24, 2010: Parallels with the young Adolf Hitler.
- June 23, 2010: Don't know why I remained friends with that one, for so long.
- June 22, 2010: Syncopated simultaneous paging:
- June 21, 2010: The desert base you command is on high alert for UFO traffic.
- June 20, 2010: Photo on the 'net, she looks so withered.
- June 19, 2010: A schoolfellow named Richard sussed how to cheat the dryers.
- June 18, 2010: We fought for the same reason I later fought with others: I wanted to read.
- June 17, 2010: Erotic personality type.
- June 16, 2010: Beer and ice cream kisses were the best.
- June 15, 2010: We fought over sleep schedule.
- June 14, 2010: Even in 1979 I was already trying to reach out to my mother.
- June 13, 2010: I couldn't keep up.
- June 12, 2010: Those journals are bitchy, and they're mean.
- June 11, 2010: She frequently speaks of leaving.
- June 10, 2010: Running away from home with your college sweetheart.
- June 9, 2010: Thirty years recurring dream.
- June 8, 2010: A loved one lobbies you to abandon your dreams.
- June 7, 2010: There's an unmistakable dividing line.
- June 6, 2010: Her fascination over my ex.
- June 5, 2010: She visited in my little childhood apartment...
- June 4, 2010: The notion that there ever was an adolescent Franz Kafka...
- June 3, 2010: I never wanted to be one of the cool circle.
- June 2, 2010: She was consistent in wanting more time.
- June 1, 2010: She'd been sleeping with the school hippie...
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.