Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Frederick Douglass No. 1.
In Talbot County, eastern shore, state of Maryland, in a thinly populated worn-out district inhabited
by a white population of the lowest order, among slaves who in point of ignorance were fully in accord
with their surroundings-it was here that Frederick Douglass was born and spent the first years of his
childhood-February 1818. (1939)
Workbook: February, 2012
- February 29, 2012: Guards at the Gallery.
- February 28, 2012: When Heraclitus tells you it's impossible to step into the same river twice, his formulation is imprecise.
- February 27, 2012: Sea breeze...
- February 26, 2012: Haight Street emo...
- February 25, 2012: You're allowed to have more than one feeling about a person.
- February 24, 2012: We first fell seriously into bed the summer I lived at the beach.
- February 23, 2012: Fine - choose another circle.
- February 22, 2012: You'd be amazed how death changes a fella.
- February 21, 2012: It's good to write while sleepy.
- February 20, 2012: You'd expect change in 45 years.
- February 19, 2012: "It was the worst experience of my life..."
- February 18, 2012: My arms without sweaters and jackets.
- February 17, 2012: "And there I was," she says, "face to face with your naked penis."
- February 16, 2012: Star Trek as depiction of communism.
- February 15, 2012: Your ex is in line with her bicycle.
- February 14, 2012: Green fields: ICBMs.
- February 13, 2012: What is it about places?
- February 12, 2012: Warm Coke in the front seat.
- February 11, 2012: Oferfucksake.
- February 10, 2012: But, you know. It's crowded.
- February 9, 2012: Smell of my home town:
- February 8, 2012: Raconteurs, Hole.
- February 7, 2012: Poma Delicatessen: still there.
- February 6, 2012: Road trip, leaving in the morning.
- February 5, 2012: She wants to write me letters...
- February 4, 2012: No reason for them to exist except to make money.
- February 3, 2012: The singer...
- February 2, 2012: Her friend, the affected grad student...
- February 1, 2012: I remember a clean break, but it wasn't so.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2017 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.
"Blogging as Cubism" explains.
Please comment here, on Facebook.
Thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.