Jacob Lawrence, The Life of John Brown No 19.
Sunday, October 16, 1859, John Brown with a company of 21 men, white and black, marched
on Harper's Ferry. (1941)
Workbook: October, 2005
- October 31, 2005: The wealthy tourist's story about the natives...
- October 30, 2005: The resorts are rigid.
- October 29, 2005: You also are screened from the opportunity to rely on yourself.
- October 28, 2005: Scrawny little thing, she looks so skinny.
- October 27, 2005: The dazed and sleepy-looking people at the bar, mysteriously bovine.
- October 26, 2005: Paunchy, grey-headed old fart, seated, drinking, ugly.
- October 25, 2005: I closed my eyes and walked the length of the pier imagining what it would be like to be blind.
- October 24, 2005: When you participate in a package tour or stay in a resort, there are trade-offs.
- October 23, 2005: Horse-faced French blonde on honeymoon does nothing but talk.
- October 22, 2005: Sea birds have voices...
- October 21, 2005: You're in charge of an ICBM missile facility which has been placed on high alert status.
- October 20, 2005: Your high school has forwarded a package, a very old package...
- October 19, 2005: Rose, lovely and helpful, stands friendly behind the reception desk.
- October 18, 2005: "Australe?"
- October 17, 2005: Young people on motor scooters, wearing helmets...
- October 16, 2005: Yeah, the arrogance.
- October 15, 2005: Each room is like its own lifetime.
- October 14, 2005: Le Docteur Francais who doesn't speak English...
- October 13, 2005: The friendliness of just one person makes so much difference.
- October 12, 2005: Cokes with real sugar.
- October 11, 2005: Young woman in tears.
- October 10, 2005: Gauguin's women are everywhere on the streets.
- October 9, 2005: Pain. Loneliness. Struggle.
- October 8, 2005: Hawaiian-style pedal steel drifts from a bar on Boulevard Pomare.
- October 7, 2005: Pretty girl, white sun dress, white hat.
- October 6, 2005: Papeete:
- October 5, 2005: Musty, moldy smell: a new place.
- October 4, 2005: Playing her familiar role as Antagonist...
- October 3, 2005: Your 12-string acoustic guitar is making no sound as you pluck the strings.
- October 2, 2005: Your friends' band is playing without their usual singer.
- October 1, 2005: Honeymooners, retired couples.
to the main workbook page