Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture No. 26.
On March 24, he captured Mirebalois. (1938)
Workbook: March, 2003
- March 31, 2003: Early one morning on the way to work she caught him slowing down to gawk the skyscraper-sized billboard of himself towering over the road.
- March 30, 2003: The moment when I told her I like her friend.
- March 29, 2003: She carried her keys around all day...
- March 28, 2003: She was famous before anyone met her.
- March 27, 2003: Carlos Museum of antiquities at Emory University.
- March 26, 2003: Green hills, pale blue sky, white highway, red dusklight lighting contrails like blood, or fire.
- March 25, 2003: They let her go at the end of a working day...
- March 24, 2003: You miss her most when doing something new for the first time.
- March 23, 2003: I went through my closets, throwing away the clothes she'd given me.
- March 22, 2003: We knew it had gone bad when they separated us from the cameras.
- March 21, 2003: We were in a smoke-filled pub when the most recent war started.
- March 20, 2003: "I'm gonna shoo-tchoo, motherfuck!"
- March 19, 2003: Crowded streetcorner, New York City, Fall.
- March 18, 2003: Sidewalk, New York City, Fall.
- March 17, 2003: "Say no to drugs," commands the red plastic inserts in the urinals at work.
- March 16, 2003: Frat boys, short hair, LSU t-shirts. Jock types.
- March 15, 2003: She wants to stand front row center...
- March 14, 2003: Room 322, Westin Hotel, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- March 13, 2003: Cigarette ashes inside her car, thick like gray-white slush...
- March 12, 2003: Very young children, daycare, early 1960s.
- March 11, 2003: Went looking for a dark room to have sex in.
- March 10, 2003: Rating: 1 by Anonymous...
- March 9, 2003: Twenty-two hours from Phoenix to Austin.
- March 8, 2003: At her birthday party her friends stole three of my Beatles picture singles...
- March 7, 2003: And the hurts of the children in the movie...
- March 6, 2003: There's nowhere to play between Phoenix and Austin.
- March 5, 2003: I called her when the cruise missiles began striking targets in downtown Baghdad.
- March 4, 2003: The most mysterious thing in the world...
- March 3, 2003: "If you knew somebody who..."
- March 2, 2003: Solid oak office door, locked.
- March 1, 2003: Homeless.
to the main workbook page