January 1, 2018:
How removed you feel.
Playing with a kind of relaxation. Where truth is found, and progress is measured in yards.
Moonrise over blasted landscape. So dark the wind can't see.
December 31, 2017:
History of things to come. The mother hid her calf between pylons, beneath bungalows, off the rocks and reef safe from rough water and harm.
Cake is what made you lose your teeth.
The monkey's never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies.
December 30, 2017:
Government pawns and missing limbs: that’s amore.
Defending the notion of being different: there will be hell toupee.
Sign me up as a diplomat: my only office is the Park.
- December 29, 2017: Romance novels, science-fiction, and sharia law.
- December 28, 2017: Quarters in the ceiling.
- December 27, 2017: "Just... live," said my father, nervously...
- December 26, 2017: Smell of lighter fluid.
- December 25, 2017: Hick town Juliette.
- December 24, 2017: Young Waterbury women.
- December 23, 2017: In masquerade she wears a crown of fingers.
- December 22, 2017: That one wanted to wrestle.
- December 21, 2017: There's a reference in a very old journal...
- December 20, 2017: There's something familiar about that time and place.
- December 19, 2017: She made out with my academic advisor.
- December 18, 2017: We were close then.
- December 17, 2017: He told her, "I don't care who you give your body to..."
- December 16, 2017: He slept with eyes open.
- December 15, 2017: Kong lives on a very black island but loves white chicks the best.
- December 14, 2017: The optimism of Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke.
- December 13, 2017: Since then there've been so many.
- December 12, 2017: The first person I knew who died was a boy in high school who shot himself.
- December 11, 2017: The claustrophobia thing.
- December 10, 2017: She paid for that record with her pussy.
- December 9, 2017: At the worst moment of the worst year of my life...
- December 8, 2017: Downstairs Diva dimes her Marshall stack...
- December 7, 2017: There seems to be almost no public memory of the resistance to Nazi occupation.
- December 6, 2017: Hill of the Pnyx.
- December 5, 2017: Crowds.
- December 4, 2017: For our final morning we go searching for the scene of the crime.
- December 3, 2017: The desk fellow was taken aback when I apologized.
- December 2, 2017: Signs of the crisis.
- December 1, 2017: Bored American blonde on honeymoon.
- November 30, 2017: Athens smells of cigarettes and diesel.
- November 29, 2017: It was white then, but it's brown now.
- November 28, 2017: The one and only time we take an organized tour.
- November 27, 2017: God it was such a soap opera.
- November 26, 2017: And so we settle down to an Athenian routine.
- November 25, 2017: Aloof Americans at other tables.
- November 24, 2017: Birthday feast.
- November 23, 2017: Lord of the Lion's House of strength
- November 22, 2017: I would ask the Oracle, if she lived:
- November 21, 2017: Eat, drink, flirt, sleep.
- November 20, 2017: Straight through those ten weeks my journals ignore the trip itself...
- November 19, 2017: Let's live there.
- November 18, 2017: Comfortable hotel, beautiful museum, extraordinary views, unbelievable restaurant.
- November 17, 2017: Delphi, January 22, 1980.
- November 16, 2017: My traveling companion has a system.
- November 15, 2017: Long chat with the intelligent and friendly volunteer at the ticket booth.
- November 14, 2017: Travel in Africa when Obama was President:
- November 13, 2017: We were all about that kitsch.
- November 12, 2017: Tzatziki, black-eyed peas...
- November 11, 2017: I'd like to go closer.
- November 10, 2017: The buses' air conditioners sound like beehives.
- November 9, 2017: "Sheila! I've met some Greeks."
- November 8, 2017: Much of the commercialization feels incompetent.
- November 7, 2017: Again what hits me hardest is how tiny is the Argive Vale.
- November 6, 2017: Sitting on the wall with bread and cookies...
- November 5, 2017: No site better illustrates than Mycenae the change of decades.
- November 4, 2017: We share the site with an Italian drama class.
- November 3, 2017: Khoriatiki.
- November 2, 2017: We splurged for hot showers, at the King Otto Hotel.
- November 1, 2017: There's context for this lack of precision.