September 14, 2016:
Enthusiastic, optimistic. So that when he prevents you from speaking what he hears is not you but his own chipper words freed from inside his own cheerful head.
Where the outcome is that he believes you said white when in fact you said black, and that you said up when you actually said down, and that you're deserving of congratulations, when in reality it's consolation that would be most appropriate.
September 13, 2016:
No sound. The sky. The bay purple by the Lion's head.
Weight or size of it, something blacker than the dark.
September 12, 2016:
Nun in white gazes skyward, not at heaven but at the departure board, searching out her gate.
Green-faced Asian woman in orange and white stretch pants shoots your author a very dirty look: challenging, angry, confrontational. Perhaps she's protecting her teenage daughter; perhaps she's just tired. Either way: her ferocity and her green skin conjure dragons.
JUST PASSING THROUGH?
AREN'T WE ALL?
- September 11, 2016: Supernarcissisticconsultantegofuck can't stop explaining.
- September 10, 2016: She has a certain jock arrogance.
- September 9, 2016: You've antagonized everyone by arguing with a famous comedian.
- September 8, 2016: Blue Blazer Man digs through his bag.
- September 7, 2016: Let's play "Count the Man Buns!"
- September 6, 2016: The not far distant sky.
- September 5, 2016: My rowbuddy's a big guy with a raging case of sleep apnea.
- September 4, 2016: Lank coils of seaweed hair around me, my heart, my soul.
- September 3, 2016: Who is the ghost from limbo patrum,...
- September 2, 2016: In saddles of the leaders, leaping leaders, rode outriders.
- September 1, 2016: It was her birthday, once.
- August 31, 2016: This is the very worst hour of the day.
- August 30, 2016: He's dead. The man upstairs is dead.
- August 29, 2016: Throb always without you and the throb always within.
- August 28, 2016: No sound.
- August 27, 2016: He's a caution to rattlesnakes.
- August 26, 2016: Drop-dead brilliant, and used to it.
- August 25, 2016: Rude-ass prick throws his seat back, entitled.
- August 24, 2016: As you stumble the long sword...
- August 23, 2016: The moon is an unusual shape.
- August 22, 2016: Blues and rock and gospel, soup, boiled together.
- August 21, 2016: High voices.
- August 20, 2016: Allworthy, blushing furiously all over from front to nates...
- August 19, 2016: Then Mount Jerome for the protestants.
- August 18, 2016: The camel, lifting a foreleg...
- August 17, 2016: But what if they like each other?
- August 16, 2016: I see my shadow.
- August 15, 2016: Johnny Careful-With-Germs wipes the seat down with disinfectant...
- August 14, 2016: Hispanic beauty in the waiting area...
- August 13, 2016: Regular Army in civvies.
- August 12, 2016: Middle-aged women with Texas accents, talking breakfast.
- August 11, 2016: I know why the dog howls at the moon.
- August 10, 2016: She's the Devil, that lady cop.
- August 9, 2016: We were one person for a split second.
- August 8, 2016: Souls are over rated.
- August 7, 2016: Here we are talking again.
- August 6, 2016: The Devil once told me I was her only friend.
- August 5, 2016: Smell of half-eaten food in a very small place.
- August 4, 2016: Crowding.
- August 3, 2016: Nun in white habit speed walking up and down the terminal.
- August 2, 2016: Johnny Depp Junior works his aviators on the moving walk.
- August 1, 2016: Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty.
- July 31, 2016: Razor thin mom with deep scowl and hard crossed arms...
- July 30, 2016: I ran in a particular ritual.
- July 29, 2016: One was wiry, white-haired, prim, Northern European Protestant.
- July 28, 2016: To me it seems odd that people sit so close.
- July 27, 2016: Salmon-colored shorts...
- July 26, 2016: The baby is so well-behaved.
- July 25, 2016: Unhappy server, displeased to be serving.
- July 24, 2016: Gray-haired couple, quiet slow voices, African-American.
- July 23, 2016: Stranded.
- July 22, 2016: Little brown boy walks in circles with his little orange shirt in his mouth.
- July 21, 2016: "I was in that damn waiting room nearly fifteen minutes."
- July 20, 2016: Johnny California:
- July 19, 2016: Very young, eleven or twelve...
- July 18, 2016: Philadelphia accent.
- July 17, 2016: Thin lady with Starbucks seems amused.
- July 16, 2016: She danced at The Cheetah.
- July 15, 2016: Gray hair in the elevator...
- July 14, 2016: My Lyft driver is conventionally gorgeous.
- July 13, 2016: Tattoos at the bar.
- July 12, 2016: My rowmate is a doctor-to-be.
- July 11, 2016: People ask me, "What kind of girls do you like?"
- July 10, 2016: Young male server covets my date.
- July 9, 2016: Immediately after takeoff my rowmate unwraps her salad...
- July 8, 2016: The tubby, sluggish one tips back his head...
- July 7, 2016: The business girls are rioting.
- July 6, 2016: Mister Dude-in-Chair scans intently...
- July 5, 2016: I'm thinking of airport waiting areas.
- July 4, 2016: My soda cap goes rogue...
- July 3, 2016: Mister Shout-Into-Phone follows me everywhere, shouting.
- July 2, 2016: We come in hauling ass.
- July 1, 2016: I'm sick of the chop.