Jacob Lawrence, The Life of John Brown No 19.
Sunday, October 16, 1859, John Brown with a company of 21 men, white and black, marched
on Harper's Ferry. (1941)
Workbook: October, 2006
- October 31, 2006: How is it possible to miss someone you've only spoken with twice?
- October 30, 2006: Every room a bathroom.
- October 29, 2006: Water is filling the ground-floor rooms.
- October 28, 2006: "I don't know how long you've worked here," she tells the owner.
- October 27, 2006: It's not fair to blame her for not seeking help.
- October 26, 2006: You choose a lonely path, artist.
- October 25, 2006: Many of your friends are now grandparents.
- October 24, 2006: "You do a good job..."
- October 23, 2006: I understand now, I think, what he was looking for.
- October 22, 2006: "One has oneself in the beginning..."
- October 21, 2006: Voices.
- October 20, 2006: Nothing you say can be believed, or trusted, or taken at face value.
- October 19, 2006: You're teaching your comrades the difference between strategy and tactics.
- October 18, 2006: My nightmare is to become injured or ill...
- October 17, 2006: Who is there to talk with you about these problems?
- October 16, 2006: At the diner she watches with astonishment...
- October 15, 2006: At the lookout point there's a laundry facility: one washer and one dryer.
- October 14, 2006: I have no resentment of the first.
- October 13, 2006: There are so many offices that a shuttle is provided.
- October 12, 2006: The saying goes, It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- October 11, 2006: Sees a woman walking a dog.
- October 10, 2006: Of that whole litany of mistakes I suppose there's one that stands out.
- October 9, 2006: I guess she's my best friend now.
- October 8, 2006: Unexpectedly I saw the name of the first man she slept with, after me.
- October 7, 2006: You know what's an odd thing?
- October 6, 2006: The birds are enraged.
- October 5, 2006: She warned me not to tell him, and, she was right.
- October 4, 2006: Iron filings.
- October 3, 2006: When the truth, I think, lies closer to these:
- October 2, 2006: The dogs cry.
- October 1, 2006: False, self-serving excuses:
to the main workbook page